Anthony Papavasiliou is an Assistant Professor at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens. He was previously an Associate Professor at the Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) at the Université catholique de Louvain (UCLouvain), where he held the ENGIE chair. He received his BSc from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of NTUA, and his MSc and PhD degrees from the University of California at Berkeley. His research interests focus on operations research, electricity market design, and power system operations. He is the recipient of the 2018-2021 Franqui Foundation research professorship, an ERC Starting Grant in the 2019 funding cycle, and the recipient of the Bodossaki Foundation Outstanding Young Researcher award in 2021 in the field of applied sciences. He has served as an associate editor for Operations Research and the IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, as well as a member of the technical program committee of a number of international conferences.
Operations research, electricity market design, power system operations
- Introduction to Electric Energy Systems (Undergraduate - 5th Semester)
- Business Microeconomics (Undergraduate - 6th Semester)
- Economic Analysis of Power Systems (Undergraduate - 6th Semester)
- Mathematical Programming Models (Undergraduate - 7th Semester)
- Energy Economics (Undergraduate - 8th Semester)