Eleni Alexandratou received her B.S. in Physics from the University of Athens (1995) and her Ph.D from the School of Electrical Engineering and Computing, National Technical University of Athens (2003). She was the Main Postdoc Researcher in the project Pythagoras of the Ministry of National Education and Religious Affairs, entitled “Advanced methods of Optical Imaging and Computer Vision for Cancer Diagnosis”.
Since 2014, she is Teaching and Research Associate at the Laboratory of Biomedical Optics and Applied Biophysics of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, of the National Technical University of Athens with main research subject “Biophotonics”
During the period 1996-1997, she was research fellow of the Laboratory of Pathological Anatomy, Medical School, University of Athens in processing and analysis of cancer images. From 1997-2000, she collaborated with the research team of First Cardiological Clinic of Onassis Cardiosurgery Center in Biostatistics and Bioimaging. She was also research fellow of the laboratory of Proteins and Bioactive peptides of Institute of Biology, National Scientific Research Center, “Demokritos”, in digital imaging microscopy, confocal laser scanning microscopy and laser tissue interactions (1997-2002). During the period 2003-2104, she was Researcher at the Laboratory of Applied Biophysics and Biomedical Optics, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens.
She was awarded with the Year 2002 “Prize of Dimitris N. Chorafas Foundation” in recognition of her work in “Bioengineering: Confocal Microscopy, Cellular and Molecular Imaging”. She has also received “Empirikos Foundation” honor and prize (1999) and «D. Thomaidou Prize» for the Best PhD thesis of National Technical University of Athens for the year 2003.
- Biophotonics, Bionanotechnology, Cellular Engineering
- Functional Imaging and Optical Manipulation of Living Cells and Tissues in real time
- Photodynamic therapy of cancer.
- Fluorescence spectroscopy of cells and tissues
- Image Processing and Analysis of Medical Images
- Expert Systems in Cancer Diagnosis and Prognosis
- Introduction to Biophotonics and Cellular Engineering (Undergraduate - 6th Semester)
- Measurement and Control in Biomedical Engineering (Undergraduate - 7th Semester)
- Principles of Biomedical Instrumentation (Undergraduate - 7th Semester)
- Fundamentals of Biophotonics (Graduate - Spring Semester)