PhD studentship at Aarhus University, Denmark
This is to inform you that a PhD student position is available in the Data-Intensive Systems Group at the Computer Science Department, Aarhus University.
The project aims to make advances in network science and data science, with the aim to invent methods for representing and exploiting network data, so as to study and harness the diffusion of information in networks, grounded on solid theoretical foundations.
Qualified candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Strong background in computer science and mathematics.
• Interest in data mining and machine learning.
• Excellent programming skills in C++, Python, Matlab.
• Self-motivation, maturity, and attention to detail.
• Stability and persistence.
• Fluency in oral and written English.
All activities at the PhD level are conducted in English.
Interested students should send a cover letter and a CV with subject "PhD position at CS/AU" to:
Panagiotis Karras, Associate Professor
It is worth mentioning that Aarhus, the second largest city in Denmark, is a port city notable for its music scene.