Dr. Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos (PhD) is of Greek origin: Kalamata (Peloponnese) Greece and Evia (Aegean Island) Greece. He is Teaching and Research Associate at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA). Grigorios has also accumulated a more than twenty-years teaching service at NTUA and ten-years teaching service at other University Schools, including: Hellenic Naval Academy (2 years), Merchant Marine Academy of Aspropyrgos, Greece (2 years), and School of Pedagogical and Technological Education of Athens (ASPAITE) (4 years). During the period 1991-2021 he accomplished a wide range of university qualifications at undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD, and post-doctoral level, in Greece and abroad:
- 2018 M.Sc. Environmental Design of Cities and Buildings, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- 2017 M.Sc. Energy, Heriot Watt University, UK (DOATAP-Hellenic NARIC, 2018)
- 2016 M.A. Orthodox Theology Studies, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- 2015 PGCert. Mental Health Counseling/Counselor, Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA), UK
- 2013 B.Sc. (Hons) Environmental Science, Open University, UK
- 2013 B.A. Studies in Hellenic Culture, Open University, Cyprus (DOATAP-Hellenic NARIC, 2013)
- 2013 CertHE Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, University of Leicester, UK
- 2013 PG Associate Certificate in Architecture: Advanced Environmental and Energy Studies, Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT), University of East London, UK
- 2013 HND Psychology, Pearson Inc
- 2012 HND Business and Management, Brighton School of Business and Management, UK
- 2012 CertHE Psychology, University of Derby, UK
- 2011 B.A.(1st class Hons) Business Management, London Metropolitan University, UK
- 2010 Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE): Pedagogical and Teaching Competence, School of Pedagogical and Technological Education in Athens, Greece
- 2009 Postdoctoral research/postdoc, under the auspices of the State Scholarships Foundation in Greece (IKY). Department of Industrial Management and Technology, University of Piraeus, Greece
- 2007 M.A. Engineering-Economics Systems, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- 2005 Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- 2004 M.Sc. Environmental Design of Infrastructure Works, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- 1996 MEng Chemical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
Reviewing service of Grigorios at the period 2004-2021 is quantified under the Scopus database and it is collectively presented as follows (reference: August 2021):
- He is reviewer for 280 scientific journals, having reviewed 4200 manuscripts. A subtotal of 1168 manuscripts was reviewed for 73 journals, having weighted impact factor 6.827 (cumulative impact factor: 7974).
- Scopus database: The top-160 highly cited papers (out of 4200 manuscripts reviewed) gather 5521 citations: h-index: 41 and i-10 index: 124.
- Scopus database: The top-50 most cited papers (out of the top-160 highly cited papers) have been cited 36-302 times and gather 4102 citations, having a mean value of 82 citations per top-50 most cited paper.
The top-12 journals –according to the following criteria: a) the highest volume of papers’ reviewed, b) being all impact-factored journals, c) being all Scopus and WoS indexed journals, and d) journals in which 10 or more papers have been reviewed– it is outlined below (impact factor in parentheses):
- Journal of Environmental Management (6.789), 319 papers
- International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (5.816), 198 papers
- Chemical Engineering Journal (13.273), 129 papers
- Applied Energy (9.746), 129 papers
- Sustainability (3.251), 73 papers
- Energies (3.004), 63 papers
- Applied Physics A (2.584), 26 papers
- Journal of Cleaner Production (9.297), 13 papers
- Materials Chemistry and Physics (4.094), 12 papers
- Chemical Engineering Science (4.311), 11 papers
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (14.982), 10 papers
- International Journal of Energy Research (5.164), 10 papers
- This top-12 journals is gathering 993 papers, which corresponds to 85% of all 1168 papers.
- This top-12 journals sustains a cumulative impact factor 7200, which corresponds to 90% of the cumulative impact factor 7974 counted for all 1168 papers.
- This top-12 journals sustains a weighted impact factor 7.250 (counted for 993 papers).
Grigorios serves as Associate Editor or Editorial Board member at 25 scientific journals, including: Frontiers in Environmental Chemistry (Review Editor, 2021-), Journal of Environmental Management (Associate Editor, 2020-2021), International Journal of Renewable Energy Development (Handling Editor, 2020-2021), Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy (2021-), Oeconomia Copernicana (2021-), Merits (2021-), Journal of Legal Ethical and Regulatory Issues (2018-), International Journal of Entrepreneurship (2018-), Sustainability (2018-), Problems and Perspectives in Management (Section Editor, 2018-), Investment Management and Financial Innovations (2018-), Environmental Economics (2018-) (Press Release, 23 September 2019), Biomedical and Pharmacology Journal, American Journal of Industrial and Business Management (Academic Editor, 2013-), Archives of Current Research International (2018-), Journal of Scientific Research and Reports (2014-), Materials Science for Energy Technologies (2018-), Journal of Management and Sustainability (Associate Editor, 2012-), International Journal of Chemical and Process Engineering Research (Associate Editor, 2014-).
At the year 2016 the website Publons announced the “Sentinels of Science” awarding reviewers and editors who were honored as the most active peer reviewers (Press Release, 26 September 2016). The award for the second most prolific reviewer for the year 2016, among top peer reviewers motivated by their dedication to science (Press Release, 23 September 2016), went to Grigorios Kyriakopoulos. At the year 2017 he was in the top 1% reviewers in Greece (Publons directory), as well as at 2 -out of 27- research fields: Agricultural and Biological Sciences (1st), Environmental Science (14th). Then, at the year 2018 Grigorios was in the top 1% reviewers among thousands registered researchers from 220 countries worldwide at 5 -out of 22- Essential Science Indicators (ESI) research fields: Agricultural Sciences (6th), Environment/Ecology (7th), Engineering (35th), Plant and Animal Science (25th), Multidisciplinary (22nd). On counting reviews and editorial records performed for journals indexed only in the Web of Science Core Collection for the period: September 2018 – September 2019, Grigorios was in the top 1% reviewers (Publons directory) among thousands registered researchers from 223 countries worldwide at the following 3 -out of 22- research fields: Engineering, Environment and Ecology, Cross-Field/Multidisciplinary.
At the same time, Grigorios is the main author or co-author of 80 papers in invited book chapters, 42 journals and 9 international conferences, including (indicatively): thirteen papers at the "Sustainability" (impact factor 3.251), four papers at the "Energies" (impact factor: 3.004), three papers at the “Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews” (impact factor: 14.982), one paper at the “Separation and Purification Reviews” (impact factor: 9.636), one paper at the "Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management" (impact factor: 8.741), one paper at the “Renewable Energy” (impact factor: 8.001), one paper at the "Sustainable Chemistry and Pharmacy" (impact factor: 4.508), one paper at the "International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health" (impact factor: 3.390), one paper at the “International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education” (impact factor: 2.854), one paper at the "Inhalation Toxicology" (impact factor: 2.724), one paper at the "Social Indicators Research" (impact factor: 2.614), one paper at the "Amfiteatru Economic" (impact factor: 1.983), two papers at the "Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity" (CiteScore: 3.8), two papers at the "Problems and Perspectives in Management" (CiteScore: 1.7); 14 book chapters (after editorial boards' invitation) in the fields of: engineering, energy, environmental and educational policies; as well as more than 30 announcements at international scientific conferences and workshops. Τhe 56 recently published papers (years 2016-2021) have been accommodated at invited book chapters and the following journals (indicatively): "Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management" (1 paper, 2021), "Energies" (1 paper, 2021; 1 paper, 2020; 2 papers, 2019), "Social Indicators Research" (1 paper, 2021), "Amfiteatru Economic" (1 paper, 2021), "E&M Economics and Management" (1 paper, 2021), "TEM Journal" (1 paper, 2021), "International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education" (1 paper, 2020), "International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health" (1 paper, 2020), "Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity" (2 papers, 2020), "International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering" (2 papers, 2019), "Global NEST Journal" (1 paper, 2019), "Sustainable Chemistry and Pharmacy" (1 paper, 2019), "Sustainability" (1 paper, 2021; 5 papers, 2020; 3 papers, 2019; 4 papers, 2018), "Academy of Strategic Management Journal" (2 papers, 2018), "Renewable Energy" (1 paper, 2018) . 5, out of 80, co-authored papers have been further registered in the PubMed database.The total number of citations is 1627 (including 175 citations at the year 2018, 221 citations at the year 2019, 365 citations at the year 2020, 490 citations at the year 2021); h-index: 22 and i10-index: 37, according to the database of Google Scholar (1161 citations, h-index: 20, according to the database of "Scopus"). Among them, 910 citations are reported at 195 journals with a weighted impact factor of 6.179, cumulative impact factor 5623, and other 329 citations are reported at 210 journals, book chapters, and conferences [having no impact factor, but support coverage at the databases of "Scopus" and "Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)"].
The top-12 journals –of 10, or more, citing times each– of Grigorios papers count for 572 with total impact factor 3989 and weighted impact factor 6.974. In parentheses it is noted the journals’ impact factor, next to the citing times per journal (self-citations excluded, update: August 2021):
- Journal of Environmental Management (6.789), 198
- Sustainability (3.251), 116
- Energies (3.004), 66
- Chemical Engineering Journal (13.273), 48
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (14.982), 39
- Journal of Cleaner Production (9.297), 25
- Journal of Hazardous Materials (10.588), 19
- Applied Energy (9.746), 15
- International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (3.390), 12
- Renewable Energy (8.001), 12
- Energy Policy (6.142), 11
- International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (5.816), 11
Two highly cited papers – Data from: Web of Science, Essential Science Indicators: These highly cited papers received enough citations to place them in the top 1% of their academic field based on a highly cited threshold for the fields and publication years:
- Ntanos, Stamatios; Kyriakopoulos, Grigorios; Chalikias, Miltiadis; Arabatzis, Garyfallos; Skordoulis, Michalis (2018). Public Perceptions and Willingness to Pay for Renewable Energy: A Case Study from Greece. Sustainability, Volume: 10, Issue: 3, Article Number: 687. Published: MAR 2018. Year: 2018. Academic field: Social Sciences.
- Kyriakopoulos, Grigorios L.; Arabatzis, Garyfallos (2016). Electrical energy storage systems in electricity generation: Energy policies, innovative technologies, and regulatory regimes. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume: 56, 1044-1067. Published: APR 2016. Period: 2016-2021. Academic field: Engineering.
He is also editor or co-editor at the following 10 publications:
1) Book: “Chemical Lake Restoration – Technologies, Innovations and Economic Perspectives”, 1st Edition. Editors: Miltiadis G. Zamparas and Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos. Print-ISBN: 978-3-030-76379-4 (Hbk). Online-ISBN: 978-3-030-76380-0 (PDF). Springer Nature eds, 2021, 8 chapters, 209 pp. Co-author of writing the book chapters: 3, 5, 8.
2) Book: “Sustainable Development of Electrical Energy Storage Technologies in Energy Production”, 1st Edition. Editor: Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos. Print-ISBN: 978-3-0365-0928-0 (Hbk). Online-ISBN: 978-3-0365-0929-7 (PDF). MDPI eds, 2021, 15 chapters, 288 pp. Co-author of writing 4, out of 15, book chapters.
3) Book: “Low Carbon Energy Technologies in Sustainable Energy Systems”, 1st Edition. Editor: Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos. Paperback ISBN-13: 978-0128228975, ISBN-10: 0128228970, Elsevier eds. Imprint: Academic Press, 2021, 15 chapters, 418 pp. Author of chapter 15.
4) “Energies” journal, with the co-editors Prof. Dr. Dalia Streimikiene and Prof. Dr. Tomas Baležentis, at the special issue on Low Carbon Energy Transition and Energy Poverty. This special issue was finalized at May 2021, having accommodated 4 scientific papers. Co-author of writing 1, out of 4, paper.
5) “Sustainability” journal, having the following information:
Special issue title: Polymer Waste Management
Special issue section: Sustainable Materials
Deadline: 31 December 2021
Dr. Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electric Power Division, Photometry Laboratory, National Technical University of Athens, 9 Heroon Polytechniou Street, 15780, Athens, Greece.
Prof. Dr. Dalia Streimikiene
Lithuanian Energy Institute, Kaunas, Lithuania.
Prof. Dr. Tomas Baležentis
Lithuanian Institute of Agrarian Economics, Vilnius University, Vilnius 01113, Lithuania.
6) “Sustainability” journal, at the special issue on "Technologies and Strategies of the Development of the Low Carbon Economy". This special issue was finalized at June 2020, having accommodated 5 scientific papers. Co-author of writing 3, out of 5, papers.
7) “Sustainability” journal, at the special issue on "Sustainable Development of Electrical Energy Storage Technology in Energy Production". This special issue was finalized at September 2018, having accommodated 15 scientific papers. Co-author of writing 4, out of 15, papers.
8) “Academy of Strategic Management Journal”, at the special issue on “Innovative technologies, Industrial development, Agrarian policies, Resource management and Sustainable strategies towards the economic growth of the Russian Federation". Volume: 16, Issue 2, year 2017. This special issue accommodates 20 personally selected and reviewed papers.
9) “International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering” journal, at the special issue on “Green house buildings and infrastructures”, by:
Guest Editor: Dr. Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Dr. D. Venkat Reddy, National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal, India.
10) “International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering” journal, at the special issue on “Renewable and sustainable energy resources”, by:
Guest Editor: Dr. Grigorios L. Kyriakopoulos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Dr. D. Venkat Reddy, National Institute of Technology Karnataka (NITK), Surathkal, India.
The special issues at the “International Journal of Earth Sciences and Engineering” journal were finalized at October 2018, having accommodated 10 scientific papers in total. Co-author of writing 2, out of 10, papers.
Furthermore, he serves as:
a) Guest-Editor at the “Journal of Risk and Financial Management” at the special issue on "Technological Advancements and Managerial Risks on the Road to Economic Growth". Special issue section: Financial Technology and Innovation. Deadline: 31 December 2021.
b) Chief-Editor at the:
5th International Conference on Advanced Education and Management (ICAEM 2018) in Shanghai, 21-22 July 2018, China.
c) Technical Committee member at the:
International Conference on Sustainable Development on Energy and Environment Protection (SDEEP2017) in Yichang, 28-30 July 2017, China - IOP Conf. Series: Earth and Environmental Science.
d) Reviewer of more than 650 peer reviewed papers submitted at more than 30 scientific conferences including (the number of reviews is noted in parentheses):
- International Conference on SMART Automatics and Energy (SMART-ICAE), 7-8 October 2021, Far Eastern Federal University, Vladivostok, Russia
- 2021 International Conference on Energy Science and Environmental Chemistry (ICESEC 2021), 4-5 December 2021, Wuhan, China
- 6th International Conference on Water Resource and Environment (WRE 2020) online (virtual conference without any physical participation), 23-26 August 2020. (20 reviews)
- 6th International Conference on Information Management and Industrial Engineering (ICII 2020) in Cape Town, South Africa, 20-22 January 2020. (7 reviews)
- Global Conference on Advanced Smart and Sustainable Technologies in Engineering (GCASSTE 2020) in Mangalore Institute of Technology and Engineering (MITE) Campus, Moodabidri, Mangalore, Karnataka, India, 30-31 January 2020.
- 2nd International Conference on Smart Power and Internet Energy Systems (SPIES 2020), 2-4 June 2020, Bangkok, Thailand.
- 5th International conference on Agricultural and Biological Sciences (ABS 2019) in Macau, 21-24 July 2019, China. (4 reviews)
- Euro Conference on Catalysis and Chemical Engineering Advancements (Catalysis 2019) in Rome, 9-11 September 2019, Italy.
- 2nd International Conference on Mechanical, Electric and Industrial Engineering (MEIE 2019) in Hangzhou, 25-27 May 2019, China. (1 review)
- 2019 International Conference on Smart Power and Internet Energy Systems (SPIES 2019) in Deakin University, 25-27 April 2019, Melbourne, Australia. (1 review)
- 4th International Conference on Education and Social Development (ICESD 2019) in Shenzhen, 19-20 January 2019, China.
- 11th Conference on Interdisciplinary Problems in Environmental Protection and Engineering (EKO-DOK Conference) in Dolny Śląsk, 8–10 April 2019, Poland.
- International Conference on Biofuels and Bioenergy, in Barcelona 23-25 September 2019, Spain.
- 8th International Conference on Electronics, Communications and Networks (CECNet2018), being held in conjunction with the 4th International Conference on Fuzzy System and Data Mining (FSDM2018) in Bangkok, 16-19 November 2018, Thailand. (23 reviews)
- International Conference on Sensor Networks and Signal Processing (SNSP 2018), being hosted by School of Communication and Information Engineering, Xi’an University of Science and Technology, 28-31 October 2018, China. (11 reviews)
- 6th Global Conference on Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE 2018) in Beijing, 24-27 October 2017, China. (10 reviews)
- International Workshop on Environmental Management, Science and Engineering (IWEMSE 2018) in Xiamen, Fujian, 16-17 June 2018, China. (6 reviews)
- 4th International Conference on Water Resource and Environment (WRE 2018) in I-Shou University, Kaohsiung City, 17-21 July 2018, Taiwan. (4 reviews)
- 2018 the International Conference on Product and Industrial Engineering (ICPIE 2018) in Chengdu, 27-29 October, 2018, China. (3 reviews)
- International Conference on Energy Engineering and Environmental Protection (EEEP2018) in Sanya, 19-21 November 2018, China. (11 reviews)
- 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Application Engineering (CSAE 2018) in Hohhot, 22-24 October 2018, China. (1 review)
- International Conference on Energy Engineering and Environmental Protection (EEEP2017) in Sanya, 20-22 November 2017, China. (11 reviews)
- 4th International Conference on Advanced Education and Management (ICAEM 2017) in Qingdao, 16-17 December 2017, China.
- 8th International Conference on Information & Communication Technologies in Agriculture, Food and Environment (HAICTA 2017) in Chania, 21-24 September 2017, Greece.
- International Conferences on New Energy and Future Energy System: NEFES 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, China. (500 reviews, in total)
- 2nd International Conference on Advanced Education and Management (ICAEM2015) in Guilin, 15-16 May 2014, Guangxi, China. (22 reviews)
- International Conference on Education and Social Development (ICESD 2015) in Nanjing, 5-6 December 2015, China. (6 reviews)
- 7th World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) International Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Biology and Chemistry in Cavtat, 13-15 June 2006, Croatia. (4 reviews)
The main international Who'sWho editions: IBC-UK, ABI-US and Marquis-US, contain biographical information of Grigorios during the last two decades of publication.
List of published papers, books, theses and journals served as reviewer (updated: 27 July 2021).
Engineering, Environment, Energy, Renewable Energy Sources, Waste Management from Organic Pollutants, Properties of Polymer Materials, Business Administration, Education, Culture, Human Resource Management, Psychology, Urban and Regional Development, Forest Resources Management, Extroversion and Internationalization of Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), Development Economics, Environmental Systems, Circular Economy, Behavioral Ecology