Dr. Dimitrios Soudris received his diploma and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Patras in 1987 and 1992, respectively. He worked as a Lecturer, Assistant and Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace for thirteen years from 1995 until 2008. Currently, he works as a Full Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens. He has published more than 550 papers in international journals and conferences, holds two international patents and his research has been cited >6000 times. Also, he is the author and editor of ten books Kluwer and Springer. He is Director of Microprocessor and Digital systems Lab (MicroLab).
He is project coordinator and/or and principal investigator in numerous research & development projects (>60 ) funded by the European Commission, ENIAC-JU, European Space Agency, the Greek Government and the European and Greek Industry. He has served as General Chair and Program Chair of PATMOS 1999 & 2000, General Chair of IFIP VLSI-SOC 2008, PARMA 2011 & 2013 & Workshop, (co-) General Chair of HiPEAC CSW 2014 and Program Chair SAMOS 2016. He is also member of technical program committees in several international conferences. Additionally, he serves as Associate Editor of ACM TODAES.
His work received award from INTEL and IBM for the results of the project of LPGD #25256 and awards from Int. Conf. VLSI 2005 and ASP-DAC 05 for the results of the project IST-2001-34379 AMDREL, HiPEAC award for DAC '10 paper for the project MNEMEE 216224 and DAC '13 for project ENIAC TOISE-282557-2, DAC'18, DAC'19, DAC'20 and recently, award from XILINX in OPEN HARDWARE Design Contest 2017, 2019 and 2021.
He is member of IEEE, ACM and HiPEAC.
- Hardware & Software Design of Embedded Systems
- Reconfigurable Architectures (FPGAs)
- Design of Hardware Accelerators for Data Centers, Space and Cloud Applications
- Edge Computing
- Low Power Design of VLSI integrated circuits
- Methodologies and Design of DSP applications
- Parallel/Systolic Architectures
- Microprocessor Systems (Undergraduate - 6th Semester)
- Microprocessors Laboratory (Undergraduate - 7th Semester)
- Introduction to VLSI Systems Design (Undergraduate - 7th Semester)
- Digital VLSI Systems (Undergraduate - 8th Semester)
- Embedded System Design (Undergraduate - 9th Semester)
- Advanced topics of Digital Systems Design (Graduate - Spring Semester)